On Feb 5, 2009, at 2:28 PM, David Tayler wrote:

> That is hilarious.

Yes, and the rest of the piece is even funnier, but I hope you notice
the similarity between your:

> the thirty
> percent that we know must be fakes, but we don't know which ones
> they are.

and Mark Twain's:

> One of the shovels is undoubtedly genuine, but
> all authorities agree that the other one is spurious. It is not known
> which is the spurious one, and this is unfortunate

I don't need an explanation of Mark Twain's line, because it occurs
in an essay that is an obvious lampoon of contemporary tourist
guidebooks.  But I'd really like to know what you're talking about.