To: "lute-cs.dartmouth.edu" <lute@cs.dartmouth.edu>
Sent: Friday, February 06, 2009 10:55 AM
Subject: [LUTE] Re: was trench fill now exact replica

What I'm saying is that it is possible to build an exact replica
because it has already been done on a large scale for , sculpture and musical instruments.
Hey, the Capirola Lutebook could be a forgery. It is a good
candidate. Some of the forgers were true geniuses.

I'm not sayng we should do that--although I prefer copies,
myself--I'm just saying it has been done, wholesale.
People say it isn't possible, but it has been done.

dt