   From: sterling price <spiffys84...@yahoo.com>
   To: Garry Warber <garrywar...@hughes.net>; "lute@cs.dartmouth.edu"
   <lute@cs.dartmouth.edu>
   Sent: Wednesday, 31 August 2011, 7:30
   Subject: [LUTE] Re: long strings?
     As any good luthier will tell you today, hide glue is still superior
     modern glue for several reasons.
     --Sterling
     Or, As I enjoy assuming, the "old ones" used the best they had, and
   if
     they'd had epoxy glue and nylon strings that's what they'd have
     used...  :-)
     Things can get endlessly circular in these beliefs.  I just like how
     well
     the early music is written!  The stuff plays itself without a lot of
     "interpretive gimmicks."  I'm all for re-creating their sound as
   close
     as we
     can, for others.  For myself, a totally modern lute is just ducky...
     :-)
     Garry