NYC Medieval Festival at Fort Tryon was originally run by the history

   department of Hunter College of CUNY, very nicely too. Until SCA took

   over...... RT

   Are we trying creatively to increase general audience for lute music
   here,

   or are we practicing exclusivity? I'm looking at SCA and Ren Faires
   solely

   as a group of potential music buyers. Why not encourage the interest
   and

   point it in the right direction?

   Tom

   On 8/11/2013 11:08 AM, Geoff Gaherty wrote:

   > On 11/08/13 9:41 AM, Ron Fletcher wrote:

   >> My main point is that true historical re-enactment is

   >> not fantasy, but a desire to generate public awareness of our great

   >> heritage.

   > For a number of years, I was music director for Poculi Ludiquae

   > Societas, the medieval drama society at the University of Toronto's

   > Institute of Medieval Studies during the 1980s:

   > http://groups.chass.utoronto.ca/plspls/

   > We were committed to meticulous historical research as well as

   > lively performances.  My job was to select music appropriate to the

   > time and culture of the plays being performed, and to provide

   > suitable musicians to perform it.  We worked in very close

   > association with the professional early music performers in Toronto,

   > to everyone's mutual benefit.

   > We used to cringe whenever anyone mentioned the Society for Creative

   > Anachronism!

   > Geoff

   Tom Draughon

   Heartistry Music