   From: Mark Seifert <seifertm...@att.net>
   To: Geoff Gaherty <ge...@gaherty.ca>; "lute@cs.dartmouth.edu"
   <lute@cs.dartmouth.edu>
   Sent: Sunday, 11 August 2013, 17:12
   Subject: [LUTE] Re: general public Lute awareness
     Dear Geoff Gaherty, et alia, et aliens
     Its so gratifying and exciting to encounter another astro-interested
     person, as I attempt email near the Julian Starfest here in southern
   CA
     (communications are spotty here).  The skies last night were
     breathtaking, stunning, in this very dried up rural region not far
   from
     Palomar Observatory.  Only 25 miles away is Bruce Lamb who makes the
     extreme instrument cases, so I took a couple of caseless lutes to
   him.
     He lives across the street from a 101 year old man who dwells and
     shuffles with his walker on a 5-acre dried up estate full of coyotes
     and gophers.  Bruce Lamb is amazing.  He once starred in a 5-year
   long
     TV show about do-it-yourself home improvements, but it went belly up
     during the switch from VHS to DVD.  He also has a big potbellied pig
     who does pirouettes for watermelon chunks.  I also met a little deer
     eared Chihuahua here named "Frijolita" or "bean."  Don't know when
   I'll
     get my lutes back because Bruce is very, very busy making extreme
   cases
     for musicians worldwide.  He's trying to connect with the Navy for
     lucrative contracts, but the Navy is so clueless it thinks plywood is
     eco-friendly when the truth is just the opposite--even currogated
     polypropylene is more eco-friendly than plywood.
     Thank you for writing in and sharing your website.
     Mark Seifert