If we want more audience we need to be inclusive and not exclusive. A number of
comments on this thread appear exclusive; almost a parody of the attitude that
has been attributed to main stream classical musicians.

Stephen, I heartily agree with your comments. The lute community is and will
continue to evolve. The challenge is to embrace people with wide variety of
interest and background while continuing to explore and disseminate what was.

I too remember Julian Bream as an early introduction and seeing my first lute
in college. I joined the collegium and within 2 years had built my first lute.

David

Sent from my iPhone