Ah, delightful to hear from someone who understand the physics of
   vibrating strings! The only thing I could add is that playing loudly
   ie: plucking with great force near the rosette could result in the
   strings slapping the fingerboard/frets unless the action was quite
   high, which could make the instrument difficult/uncomfortable to play.

   A. John Mardinly, Ph.D., P.E.