Am Dienstag, 31. Oktober 2006 21:36 schrieb Abdelrazak Younes:

> Hum... That's what I feared. We have eliminated all important
> bottlenecks in LyX. Remains the Qt ones. I don't understand why the
> QPainter::drawText() is so slow on Mac.
>
> There's maybe some Mac specific settings that we should set to speed up
> things. Maybe limit the number of colors to 256 or something like that...

Don't forget that Bennet is using a self compiled qt, and that he links LyX
statically against it, so all Mac users use the very same qt library. If
we are lucky there is only a problem how his qt library was compiled, and
resolving that would give a nice speedup.

Is there no official binary qt release from trolltec for OS X?

Georg