Uwe Stöhr schrieb:
> Attached you can find a patch to configure.py defining a converter
> PDF->PNG when the convert command supports the -define option.

This is not the problem. bug 2418 is about the display of PDF graphics within LyX. In the output the PDF graphics appear as they should. As this is not the case you're using an old pdflatex version (it works here with pdflatex 1.3 and 1.2 if I remember correctly. There is also no need to define a special PDF->PNG converter because PDF-images are directly embedded to the PDF-output.
A little warning to all pdflatex users (at least to those using the latest MikTeX 2.5):

     pdflatex prefers PNG files over PDF files!!!!

Since LyX outputs graphics file names without file extension _and_ generates PNG files for internal use, pdflatex erroneously picks the PNG graphics. Depending on the type of graphics, the result can be very poor!

By accident, I ran into this problem on Thursday. Right now, I am looking for a solution to overcome the problem. I read something about \DeclareGraphicsExtension that may help... hopefully.

Any suggestions are highly appreciated!

Michael