Uwe Stöhr schrieb:
Michael Gerz schrieb:

A little warning to all pdflatex users (at least to those using the latest MikTeX 2.5):

     pdflatex prefers PNG files over PDF files!!!!

I use MiKTeX 2.5 since months now and only use PDF-images for vector graphics and it works: I can zoom into the images as much as I want and it doesn't become pixeld.

To test export the EmbeddedObjects manual to PDF and then zoom into Figure 4.1.
Actually, with very latest miktex (all updates applied) and very latest IM (6.3.2-2), I cannot preview your document correctly :-(

I get a lot of ghostscipt errors (Error: /invalidfont in findfont; MiKTeX GPL Ghostscript 8.54: Unrecoverable error, exit code 1)

Moreover, LyX reports on two LaTeX errors:
LaTeX Error: Cannot determine size of graphic in ../clipart/FramedNoteImageQt

Unfortunately, I don't have the time and energy to investigate at the moment. Maybe something is wrong with my system settings.

Nevertheless, I can again confirm that in _my_ document, pdflatex embeds PNG files rather than PDF files, even though in LyX, I included PDF files :-(

My conclusion: If we assume that LyX knows what the best format is and if LyX is able to generate files in this format, then we shouldn't let LaTeX make its own decision.

Michael