> Menuset
>
>     Menubar "main"
>         Submenu "File|F" "file"
>         Submenu "Edit|E" "edit"
[...]
>     Menu "file"
>         Item "New...|N" "buffer-new"
[snip]

This File->New menu item, for example, looks on my
screen as ("_N" is an "underlined N"):

   _New...   C-n

Where does the "C-n" come from? Is that silently added to
the entry? Is there a way to remove it and/or change it?

----

When I ran LyX from the default CVS compilation/installation,
I've got the following non-fatal messages at startup:

MenuItem(): LyX command `screen-options' does not exist.
MenuItem(): LyX command `spellchecker-options' does not exist.
MenuItem(): LyX command `keyboard-options' does not exist.
MenuItem(): LyX command `options-preferences' does not exist.

What I hope is that these entries are under construction; to
merge all options entries into one single "preferences" window?
Am I right, or is something else going wrong here?

----

Something different: LyX menus (and the documentation) uses "M",
"C" and "S" to address the special keyboard keys. But that is
never printed on the keyboard itself; you'll *always* find "Alt",
"Ctrl" and "Shift". Why not use these obvious names to address
the special keys? I like Netscape, for example, where the
short-cuts are extremely easy to understand!

Regards,

Rob.