"Lars Gullik Bjønnes" wrote:
> Yes, the two second learning curve can be pretty hard.
> (what is nicest "Ctrl-x Ctrl-f" or "C-x C-f"?)

I'm rather addressing "Why is it "M", when all keyboards
I've seen in my entire life say "Alt"? And then why not
use "Shift" and "Ctrl" as well. In a variable width font
it's just a little more space.

I probably once again am swimming against the stream here.
Let me say why:

Especially for a newbie, LyX is complicated and the
default install is not "newbie-optimized" I believe.
I think it would be nice if it was. Keep in mind:
1) many 2 second learning curves add up to .....
2) people use not only LyX, but also other software

Having said this (thank you for reading), I must admit that
the design of LyX seems to be extremely configurable (bind
and and menu files); though I still have to figure out how
to configure my own design :).

Regards,

Rob.