Vincent van Ravesteijn - TNW wrote:
I only reasoned
that some of the items did not belong to the place they were put
according to the HIG.
And to propose something else, I found a common factor and I remembered
having a menu in LyX where they might fit in.

Sure.

Please, be welcome to reason where they should be.

Sorry (really), can you please tell me (again) which items you don't see fit?

And both don't have any more document-level settings, as far as I can
see.

Format->Bullets & Numbering
Format->Columns
Format->Styles and Formatting
Format->Theme
Table->AutoFormat...
MathType->Set Eq. Prefs.
Tools->Templates

That would almost suggest to put our Document Settings into Format. ;-)

Now it's time for promotion:

How does Word do it: you have to specify for each table how it looks
like. You have to select all text to change the document-default font.
Luckily LyX has a lot of document-level settings, such that I'd have to
specify once how something should look like. Praise LyX by having its
Document menu, because that's where it's good at (and it changes at
little as possible).

You put me in the corner here. Of course I want to praise LyX!!! :-)
I cannot do that enough!

/Konrad