Vincent van Ravesteijn - TNW wrote:
> Somewhere else in the File menu:
> [File] New Window
> [File] Close Window

The HIG do not really specify this (I only took that from Firefox and Safari). One could also argue that these two should be in Window.

These could be in Document/Tools:
[Edit] Spellcheck
[Edit] Thesaurus
[Edit] Change tracking
[File] Statistics

So maybe get a Tools-Menu after all?
Edit-> Spellcheck was by (Apple-)convention.

This one Document/Format:
[File] Document Settings

This I see as the only real 'problem' child.
But a document-menu just for the sake of having a 'Document Settings' .... I have doubts.

You're right that maybe Document isn't the best name, but I'll really
miss the Document menu and I am afraid users will get mad (Like John
pointed at).

But we should also think about new users.

I just looked at 1.5 again. As well there, the Documents-menu should really be called "Tools". This is IMO where much of the confusion comes from.

I really feel that having document-level settings makes
working with LyX pleasant.

Of course!

You put me in the corner here. Of course I want to praise LyX!!! :-)
I cannot do that enough!

Sorry (really). Don't take me wrong..

No worry, there was a :).

You did well.

This is nothing, zero, to what you all do every day on the design/implementation/debugging front !!!!!!!!!!!!

PS. Last mail for a while.

Same here.

/Konrad