Uwe Stöhr wrote:
rgheck schrieb:

So I fear that users won't use character styles when they are not able to modify and define them easily.

But honestly, it isn't that difficult! I would have thought you could look at the logicalmkup module and figure out pretty quickly how to do a new one.

I know how to do this, but this was not my point. I argued as if I were a basic user to show the problematic and not be impolite or ignorant - just objective.

Sorry, by "you" I meant "one". (This is common in colloquial English. Maybe not so much in other languages.) I think anyone with any knowledge of LaTeX at all ought to be able to make a simple character style along the lines of noun, etc. But people are, for whatever reason, reluctant to do so. I'm not saying some sort of GUI wouldn't be helpful. But it's not as if character styles are so incredibly complicated you have to be a programmer to create them.

According to my arguments, I will postpone using character styles in the docs I maintain to LyX 1.7 or 1.6.x.

That's fine.

rh