On 15/07/2011 10:23 AM, Uwe Stöhr wrote:
Am 15.07.2011 07:44, schrieb Kornel:

I read it now but still don't understand which string appears and how
I can
exclude a string.

the source files for layouttranslation are
echo .../lib/layouts/*.{layout,inc,module}>
.../po/layouttranslations_files

I understand that layouttranslation consists of all strings in the
layout,inc,module files, but why does "prob" appears" and "sol" not?
Their definition in the inc file is exactly the same. Maybe the script
thinks that a 3 letter word is not a string.

The command to create
.../po/lyx_pot.py -b ... -o .../po/layouttranslations -t
layouttranslations --src_file=.../po/layouttranslations_files
(... stands for root lyx source dir)

This does not work for me. My root folder is

D:\LyXSVN\lyx-devel

so I called

python lyx_pot.py -b D:/LyXSVN/lyx-devel -o
D:/LyXSVN/lyx-devel/lib/layouttranslations -t layouttranslations
--src_file=D:/LyXSVN/lyx-devel/po/layouttranslations_files

and get the error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "lyx_pot.py", line 573, in <module>
input_files = [f.strip() for f in open(value)]
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory:
'D:/LyXSVN/lyx-devel/po/layouttranslations_files'

and there is indeed no file in SVN with the name
"layouttranslations_files". So what is wrong?

You need to create this file. As Kornel said:
the source files for layouttranslation are
        echo .../lib/layouts/*.{layout,inc,module} >
.../po/layouttranslations_files

So it is a file which lists all the relevant filenames.

Cheers,
Julien

thanks and regards
Uwe