Scott Kostyshak wrote:

> 0005-Check-exit-code-of-LaTeX-process-in-LaTeX-run.patch
> - To see why this patch is useful, open New > New from Template >
> ACM-sigplan.lyx and compile. It says that compilation was successful
> and shows the PDF. However, there was an error that was missed in
> parsing (the terminal shows support/Systemcall.cpp (288): Systemcall:
> 'pdflatex  "newfile1.tex"' finished with exit code 1).
> - For a related email thread, see
> https://www.mail-archive.com/lyx-devel%40lists.lyx.org/msg185316.html

I am surprised that the exit code is currently ignored. IMHO it can be made
an error right away. If you want to keep it as a warning then please don't
mention future version numbers, these tend to be wrong (we do not know if
the release after 2.2.0 will be named 2.3.0 or something else, and we don't
know either if this will be the release which converts the warning into an
error).

I can't comment on the Alert stuff since I don't understand it too well, but
the other patches look all good.

Georg