On Fri, Feb 27, 2015 at 5:59 AM, Scott Kostyshak <skost...@lyx.org> wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 26, 2015 at 4:24 PM, Enrico Forestieri <for...@lyx.org> wrote:

>>> Does anyone else have an opinion on this? I am fine either way. At
>>> first I assumed that because of the BibTeX issue we should be
>>> consistent with our decision on that. But perhaps this is different in
>>> some way?
>>
>> My vote is for a warning and an output produced in any case.
>> If latex produces an output, that output has to be shown, IMO.
>> Having the possibility of looking at the output may be of great
>> help to pinpoint problems.
>
> Interesting idea. If we do this, we should do it for all errors. With

I would second this. Actually, it seems to me that this is what LyX
has been doing for quite some time, as somewhat often I get errors but
a PDF does output (sometimes with useful clues on what really went
wrong, and pointers on how to fix it).

Regards,
Liviu

PS It is true that some other times it is confusing, so perhaps a
message from LyX: "LaTeX compilation ended up with errors, but a PDF
has nevertheless been produced. " Or something along these lines...

--
Do you think you know what math is?
http://www.ideasroadshow.com/issues/ian-stewart-2013-08-02