On Feb 28, 2016, at 12:36 PM, Guillaume Munch <g...@lyx.org> wrote:

> Le 27/02/2016 03:44, Jerry a écrit :
>> If I remove
>> /Library/TeX/texbin:/usr/texbin:/sw/bin:/sw/sbin:/opt/local/teTeX/bin:
>>
>> from the front of the PATH prefix and run Reconfigure, it runs in
>> 15-20 seconds. The first time I saw a luatex instance in Activity
>> Monitor but on subsequent runs it did not appear--I suppose it's
>> possible that it ran so quickly that Activity Monitor did not have a
>> chance to show it.
>>
>> This of course has no effect on running
>>
>> python -tt "/Applications/Words/LyXOuterFolder/LyX
>> 2.2.0beta2/LyX.app/Contents/Resources/configure.py"
>> --with-version-suffix=-2.2
>> --binary-dir="/Applications/Words/LyXOuterFolder/LyX
>> 2.2.0beta2/LyX.app/Contents/MacOS/"
>>
>> from a terminal session which still stays on +Indexing TeX files...
>> for about 34 minutes.

Sorry for the late reply. I was sick for a few days.

> Have you changed the value of PATH under both lyx 2.1 and 2.2 ?

No, only 2.2. 2.1 has the same path as 2.2 before I changed it.

The behavior seems the same under 2.1 as 2.2. I shortened the path in 2.1 as I
described for 2.2 and the behavior is the same--Reconfigure runs quickly
without and crashing luatex, and the Python command

python -tt "/Applications/Words/LyXOuterFolder/LyX
2.1.4/LyX.app/Contents/Resources/configure.py" --with-version-suffix=-2.1
--binary-dir="/Applications/Words/LyXOuterFolder/LyX
2.1.4/LyX.app/Contents/MacOS/"

appears to be running very long, paused on "+Indexing TeX files...". (It is
running as I type this.)

Jerry