On 2017-02-26, Guillaume Munch wrote:
> Le 25/02/2017 à 21:09, Enrico Forestieri a écrit :

>> Then, a decision has to still be taken as regards the original problem
>> in this thread. I think that the patch Günther proposed on Jan. 25 is
>> the less controversial one.

> I think you mean
> https://www.mail-archive.com/lyx-devel@lists.lyx.org/msg198620.html

However, this patch is obsolete. As Guillaume pointed out, there are use
cases for the dashes with and without line break opportunity. (See also
the attachments to https://www.lyx.org/trac/ticket/10543)

As inserting a breaking opportunity is far more easy than ovoiding a line
break and there are use cases for both, I prefer \textemdash over ---.

lyx2lyx could be fixed to convert --- to \textemdash\allowbreak{}
Unfortunately, this will not cure documents broken by the conversion to
2.2-format. However, there is no easy cure as with the EM-DASH in the
converted source, we cannot tell whether this was a literal EM-DASH
before or a ---.

> The idea of introducing a LFUN so that the behaviour of the - key is not
> hard-coded sounds good as well.

Volunteers?

Günter