On Mon, Feb 27, 2017 at 04:55:43PM +0000, Guenter Milde wrote:
> On 2017-02-26, Guillaume Munch wrote:
> > Le 25/02/2017 à 21:09, Enrico Forestieri a écrit :
>
> >> Then, a decision has to still be taken as regards the original problem
> >> in this thread. I think that the patch Günther proposed on Jan. 25 is
> >> the less controversial one.
>
> > I think you mean
> > https://www.mail-archive.com/lyx-devel@lists.lyx.org/msg198620.html
>
> However, this patch is obsolete. As Guillaume pointed out, there are use
> cases for the dashes with and without line break opportunity. (See also
> the attachments to https://www.lyx.org/trac/ticket/10543)

A patch that does not exist cannot obsolete anything ;)

At this point we have two simple alternatives. Either the above one or
https://www.mail-archive.com/lyx-devel@lists.lyx.org/msg198615.html

Then, I refuse to have a mess in the latex output only to obtain a simple
en(em)-dash when LaTeX already uses -- and --- for those dashes.

--
Enrico