> Yes it gives me a better idea and I'm sorry to have to tell you that this
> isn't possible to change :( LyX is as you said WYSIWYMG and this is one
> of the examples where you cannot get nearer to the WYSIWYG picture as it
> is now.
>
> What I'd like to change in tabulars is:
>
> - allow more special LaTeX packages to work easier
> - allow cell selection by row and column

yes.

> - have the fixed-width of the cell displayed better and allow a automatic
>   wordwrap inside a table-cell if this is a multiline-cell.

What about having it displayed like a tooltip while moving lines, taken the
case you would implement it the way I suggested. The only drawback I could see
is that the interactive graphical editing of the column width would make people
believe much more that the line breakes by lyx are wysiwyg, which they arenīt.
(you could open a message box telling the user that it is not. But make it with
a check box "never want to see this again")

oliver

---
Oliver Eichler, Dipl.-Ing.

DSP Solutions
Ingenieure Kellermann, Voigt, Hoepfl, Eichler und Weidner
Partnerschaft