Jean-Pierre Chretien wrote:
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2006 11:53:06 -0700
From: TechTonics <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: Miki Dovrat <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
CC: lyx-users@lists.lyx.org
Subject: Re: HTML export

Miki Dovrat wrote:
Hi,

Do the features view/export HTML work in lyx 1.4.2?

They don't work on my lyx 1.4.2 Windows XP with MikTex 2.5 even though htlatex is installed and works via command line.

In html view, I get an error saying lyx can't find the file c:\tmp\lyxtmpdir..\lyx_tmpbuf0\myfile.html

Same message on lyx-1.4.2 Solaris, but the file seems to be moved in
the directory of the document, where I find also all the ancillary files
created by htlatex, e.g for file /tmp/fr_exemple_lyxifie.lyx
-> ls /tmp/fr_exemple_lyxifie*
/tmp/fr_exemple_lyxifie.4ct /tmp/fr_exemple_lyxifie.4tc ...

In addition, if fr_example_lyxifie.html does exist already, there is no
overwrite warning,
as export is called by View and not Export.

I guessed the originaldir extra flag in Preferences->Converter->Latex(plain) to
HTML could
had something to do with this behavior: it is added for htlatex to deal
correctly
with eps files (fr_exemple_lyxifie has none). If I suppress it, the html file is opened by the viewer, but is still created in document dir (without overwrite warning either).
IMHO, View->HTML should view in temp file to leave all these ancillary files
out of the way,
which is the case when I leave the extra flags field empty by removing needaux.

I understand from lyxrc.example that in this case export will fail if there are
graphic files:
is this still the case ? It seems to work all right on a simple example here.

So the question is: are these flags still needed ? Is there someting wrong with
them anyway ?

On native Windows, View -> Html, creates myfile.htm and LyX gives
an error message because it it looking for myfile.html.
Formatting is lost. No images are included. (htlatex does run)
This is if your lyx temp dir is in a directory without spaces.

Cygwin doesn't run htlatex. If you run htlatex manually, it
produces myfile.htm which has to be renamed to myfile.html.
Formatting is lost but it will include/display one of many .png images.

IOW, View->Html, is close to completely broken on the Windows platform.

mot juste,
Stephen