Enrico Forestieri wrote:
TechTonics <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

Usually, running a tool from the command line and seeing
if it works properly is how to tell if it is the the tool
or LyX. For instance one tests Aspell with Aspell -c badwords.txt
and if it works from the command line but not from LyX, it is
LyX, or Lyx's configuration where the problem resides. Nor does
Cygwin produce the right output from LyX and Cygwin is fully
as capable as Linux in other areas, as far as I know.

This is because the htlatex you are using is a native application expecting
native style paths. Try adding the line
export LYX_WINPATHS=yes
to the file /etc/lyxprofile and you will see that View->Html works (doesn't
work) on Cygwin exactly as it does for a native LyX.

Hello Enrico,

I'm pleased to hear from you. Indeed, adding "export LYX_WINPATHS=yes"
produces nearly the same failure on CygLyX as native WinLyX.

The output file is truncated from myfile.html to myfile.htm which
generated an error message because the viewer is looking for myfile.html

CygLyx does not generate the .pngs for equations that htlatex generates
from the command line. It does get some Greek letters correct. But the
exponent (superscript?) is on the same level as the other letters. Also
what I referred to as 'unformatted' appears upon closer inspection to be
the end-of-line is not respected at it is when htlatex from the command
line is executed in Dos, which does produce myfile.html.

My machine was attacked by a trojan. I had to create another identity.
Cygwin doesn't work for the new identity. "Windows cannot access the
specified devive, path or file. You may not have the appropriate
permissions to access the item."

So I completey shared the Cygwin directory and subdirectories and
also C:\home. I ran a couple of commands which created .bashrc
.inputrc and .bash_profile for Tech, the new identity. It will
not work and I have to change users to my original identity (the
trojan finally gave up the ghost). But it is a hassle to have
to switch users to use Cygwin which does work on the original
identity. Your new Cygwin Lyx1.4.2 was very easy to update.
I couldn't find simple instruction to make "Tech" an admin.
I may not have installed Cygwin for all users, I don't remember.

I'm surprised Html view works for you for Cygwin because I
think (thought) it was LyX not the Cygwin or Win configuration.

As a side note. I spoke to Lalu who got his Phd. in computer
technology. He said the Texas Instruments 89 calculator had
a design 20 years ahead (symbolic) of the TI86 design.

Best regards,
Stephen