On 2012-11-24, Liviu Andronic wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 24, 2012 at 11:17 AM, Trevor Jenkins <bslwann...@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> If the message itself is what bothers you, then try not to look at it.
>>> With time you'll get used to ignoring it completely.

To me (old time LaTeX/LyX user that has, of course, read the manual) the
message is still "visual noise". It interferes with relevant information
in the status line.

> Then use fullscreen mode.

Then I won't see the important messages (key-codes, lyxfuns, ...) in the
status line.

On the other hand, I don't think is is

>> to no good purpose

The purpose (preventing spurious bug reports that take up our time) is
good. Maybe the means is not optimal (as it also leads to never-ending
discussions).

> But if this issue is such a deal breaker, then feel free to switch to
> Scientific WorkPlace. It may cost you 1000$ or so, but you'll likely
> be able type two spaces as you wish to. (Disclaimer: Before buying
> that, check with the vendor that it indeed allows that.)

Alternatively, you might consider sponsoring a LyX developer to find and
implement a solution that is acceptable to all. (Maybe a "hidden" switch to
turn off the message that is described in the manual - so that a user that
has read the manual also know how to avoid the message reappearing...)
The lyx web page will tell how to sponsor a feature.

Günter