> Alternatively, you might consider sponsoring a LyX developer to find and
> implement a solution that is acceptable to all. (Maybe a "hidden" switch to
> turn off the message that is described in the manual - so that a user that
> has read the manual also know how to avoid the message reappearing...)
> The lyx web page will tell how to sponsor a feature.

Here, here Günther. I believe this is the "right" solution. A simple
"switch", that I think, would appeal to everybody.

On the other hand, and to keep the "soft flaming" going on (we still have
time to burn!), I refer all of you to this post:
http://www.heracliteanriver.com/?p=324

Regards.

Julio Rojas
jcredbe...@gmail.com