What I did when programming mine was to solder several inches of solid 24ga
wire (telephone jumper wire, because that's what was lying on my bench) to the
3.3V pin of the JTAG connector header just below the insulator.  With the
staggered pins, the header won't go in all the way anyway, so there's lots of
room - I just made sure there was insulation on the bit of the wire that was
next to the GND contact of the socket, Just In Case.  :)  I bent the wire so
that when the JTAG is plugged into the REX the wire is suspended an inch or two
above the board and I can easily just grab it, touch it to the spot on R3
(which I don't find hard, so I guess YMMV), and when I let go of it it springs
up nicely out of the way again.

> Oh I just had a brainstroke. Maybe I could just solder small "U" hoops
> of wire onto existing locations, which does not require modifying the
> cad files, and provides little hoops that can be grabbed easy with
> standard j-clips. I know I could do that on that resistor for PORT_EN. I
> assume there must be some place I could manage it for the 5v supply too.

5V supply could be fed into the unused C2 pad right next to that pin (right
beside TP2), or the bottom end of R1 (right beside TP1).  Of course the JTAG
header already has your GND so you could solder a wire for that onto the header
like I did for my programming enable lead...

        jim