Next is someone (I would love to take a stab at it sometime, but it
probably won't happen soon) actually modifies the cad files to provide a
better way to pull PORT_EN up for cpld programming. It's only a one time, 5
second operation, so it's not worth anything too fancy like jumper pins.
But even simply making that resistor pad into a bigger contact point would
help a lot. Points to supply 5v without a special socket would be nice too.
I personally prefer to aim for having the design allow for all necessary
operations in some practical way, rather than for instance, temporarily
tacking on wires and then removing them.

Oh I just had a brainstroke. Maybe I could just solder small "U" hoops of
wire onto existing locations, which does not require modifying the cad
files, and provides little hoops that can be grabbed easy with standard
j-clips. I know I could do that on that resistor for PORT_EN. I assume
there must be some place I could manage it for the 5v supply too.