Thanks for all your replies!

I just wasn't using the correct baud rate. I thought that even with
the wrong serial settings I should see some kind of garbage characters
on the other side, but it seems I was wrong :o)

John R. Hogerhuis wrote:
> - Match baud rate... you can rebuild with a different baud rate. It
> supports all rates including 19200, 38400, 76800. I'd like to add some UI
> to set the baud rate but haven't gotten around to it. I'm pretty sure your
> version is set for 38400.

Thanks John, that was indeed 38400, 8 bits, 1 stop bits and no parity.

I tried to have a look at the lst file to figure how to change those settings.
If I understand what I see on lines 92-98, and the pages 178-179 of
"Hidden Powers of the M100", the maximum speed seems to be 153600, but
it seems impossible to set the speed to 115200 which is what I was
looking for in the first place. Is that really impossible?

If the characters transition works well from the M100 to the PC
(putty, using UTF-8), it doesn't seem to work on the opposite
direction. Did I miss a setting on the PC side or is it supposed to be
this way?

Also I couldn't not notice that in the source you have some parts
about the directory structure of the M100. Does that mean there is a
way to save session to a file, or to send a file over the RS232? (I'd
love this feature, if just to translate the special characters into
readable UTF-8 :o) ).

Thanks again!

Eric