John R. Hogerhuis wrote:
> It does map in both directions... what are you seeing?
> I don't map every UTF-8 character :-) There are a lot.

I was using the "é" character, but I found the problem: Since I'm
using a QWERTY keyboard, I use numpad code ALT+130 to type this
character.
When I do this in a text editor, the correct character is displayed
and when I save the file, the correct UTF8 encoding is used, but it
seems that PuTTY literally sends the character 130.

When I use the "Character Map" Windows application and paste the
character in PuTTY, I receive the correct character on the M100.

> [...]I'd like to add some UI to set the baud rate but haven't gotten around
> to it.

If it helps until you do this, I've wrote a short basic program that
displays the current baud rate of HTERM, and allows to change it by
poking into the CO file (of course, that will only work with the same
version of HTERM :o) ).
I suppose I could stretch it to also allow setting parity, number of
bits and stop bits if needed, but I'm not sure that would add a lot of
value.

> In the meantime, maybe you or another member would consider writing a
> stand-alone filter program or script to convert UTF-8 to M100 ASCII based
> on the mappings above?

I actually started an AWK script for that, but I never finished it
since I used an easier workaround (typing my notes in English, so I
don't need any non-ASCII character ;o) ).

I suppose I could finish it, but I'm not sure how to turn that into an
actual stand alone application (I have a few ideas for Windows and
Linux but the last time I used a Mac, we were in the 80s).

Eric