Brian,

I don't know what to do when you get to this step (this is where I got
hung up the first time).  As I mentioned, I am not very familiar with
the terminal and how to use it.

        4.      Use a text editor to uncomment the following line towards the end
of the mime.convs file (by removing the # sign):
 #application/octet-stream application/vnd.cups-raw 0 -
I usually use pico as the editor, as it is fairly self explanitory
(sudo pico mime.convs).

        5.      Also uncomment the following line towards the end of the
mime.types file:
 #application/octet-stream

http://www.macosxhints.com/article.php?story=20021101062604548&query=sharing+printers+with+Windows