On Thursday, January 22, 2004, at 07:46 PM, Gretchen Summers wrote:

I am new to this list, but not new to computing.

I would like to share printers between my iMac (OSX.3.2) and a PC
running XP.  I have spent countless hours trying to figure out how to
make this work.  I have a Brother HL-1440 hooked up to my iMac, and a
Canon i560 attached to the PC.  These computers are located on opposite
sides of my home, and connect to the internet wirelessly through a
Linksys BEFSR41 and a WAP11 (access point).  I'd love to print my color
pictures from the iMac on the Canon printer, and my black and white
text docs from the PC on the laser printer.  Is it possible to do this,
and if so, how do I configure the two computers to achieve it.

Gretchen Summers
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

I'm in a similar situation. I occasionally use an HP Deskjet 812C on my G3 AIO, and my wife's computer running XP has a Canon S400 attached to it. I downloaded a software package called GIMP Print, which has drivers for quite a few more printers than are included in the MacOS X. While the Canon S400 is a supported printer, for some reason I could not share it natively and have the AIO recognize it. With GIMP Print, it works great. I still have to do some tweaking to get the print to be darker - it's a little light at the moment.

Brian Futrell
---
"Dentyne": G3/266 AIO 320MB/40GB/Zip100/24x/10.2.6
"FrankenMac": 8500/180-7200 case 160MB/2x1GB/9.1-P166/48MB/DOS
 "Minty": G3/266 DT (oc 300) 96MB/2x10GB/Zip100/8x4x32/10.2.6