On Tuesday, September 17, 2002, at 07:20 PM, David Wheeler wrote:

> It'd be nice to make a binary available in general. Does the binary
> distribution know how to find/use external libraries such as ispell?
> Is it easy to add new stuff (the cperl that comes with Emacs is broken
> -- I always compile and install from Ilya's sources)? Does it include
> the terminal interface version?

I followed Andrew Choi's instructions for making an app bundle. The
layout is a self-contained bundle, but I really haven't tried adding
additional libraries. In fact I was trying to install ispell today but
couldn't compile it. Maybe I'll use fink to get ispell.

However, Emacs.app does seem to find my ~/.emacs just fine. And it
looks like it's finding my stuff in ~/.elisp/ as well.

I think Andrew Choi (or someone) is going to distribute a binary for OS
X once the GNU Emacs source makes a point release.

I originally starting using this Emacs because I found the binary at
http://www.porkrind.org/emacs/. However, that one would not run on
Jaguar, couldn't reach the maintainer, and so I endeavored to compile
my own on 10.2.

I think I'm going to put the app up my website until Andrew Choi makes
an official one.

Alex Rice, Software Developer
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
[EMAIL PROTECTED]