On Tuesday, September 17, 2002, at 07:20 PM, David Wheeler wrote:

> It'd be nice to make a binary available in general. Does the binary
> distribution know how to find/use external libraries such as ispell?
> Is it easy to add new stuff (the cperl that comes with Emacs is broken
> -- I always compile and install from Ilya's sources)?

Here is the URL for the Emacs 21 binary if anyone wants to kick the
tires. I've been using it about for a couple of weeks and it seems
golden so far. It's compiled on 10.2. Don't know how it does on 10.1.

ftp://ftp.swcp.com/pub/users/alrice/Emacs-21-osx-jag.dmg (28MB)
ftp://ftp.swcp.com/pub/users/alrice/Emacs-21-osx-jag.tar.gz (23MB)

>  Does it include the terminal interface version?

Yep, this seems to work in the terminal:
  /Applications/Emacs/Emacs.app/Contents/MacOS/Emacs -nw

However there's not much point since the console emacs 21 ships with OS
X?

Alex Rice, Software Developer
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
[EMAIL PROTECTED]