On 10/11/02 7:48 AM, "Ask Solem Hoel" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I know I can pay for it in shareware
> but never /ever/ will I pay for shareware. Shareware sucks, and there is
> too much of it in the Mac world. That is why we need to re-create every
> useful shareware application as free software and kill those egomaniac
> shareware authors.

Wow, I've never seen a more negative comment on shareware.  In fact, I've
rarely seen anyone criticize shareware... it was the shareware authors who
made it possible for me to switch to OSX 10.0, as they quickly provided
support for things like the application menu, windowshade, tinkertool's
options...  Most of these pieces of software were $15 or less, far less than
if a well-known developer had introduced them.

Egomaniacs?  I'd say "useful opportunists" at worst, but I for one have
payed for each of the shareware titles I use HAPPILY.  How can there ever be
too much inexpensive software?...

philz