On 11 Oct 2002, Ask Solem Hoel wrote:

> Now if there were a console mode I could use that instead
> of a virtual desktop for programming.

You mean logging in from the system prompt as

    >console

and then, when you get the text prompt, logging in as whoever?

At that point you can fire up XDarwin & have all the virtual desktops you
want.

But then, at that point, you might as well use Linux/BSD/Unix...

> The terminal is still painfully slow, or maybe it doesn't
> support people that write faster than the refresh rate :)

Constructive criticism is great an all, but come on, it's not *that* bad.
If the system is bothering you that much why aren't you using something
else? If the system is bothering you that much why are you complaining
about it on a Perl list instead of telling Apple how you feel? What are we
going to do about it -- commiserate? No thanks.

--
Chris Devers    [EMAIL PROTECTED]