Kara, Justin, Michael, and Others,

If you want to read through one of the discussions of group mode
versus DOM mode navigation from a year ago, try this thread in the old
list archives.  I'll start you at the beginning of the thread, which
is actually a question by Will about what new things might be coming
up in later versions of Leopard.  This quickly turned into a
discussion of what things people would like to see fixed (a lot of the
issues that recently got fixed in the Safari 4 beta, or which have
been fixed in the WebKit nightly builds since last fall), and then a
discussion of DOM versus group mode navigation.  Since people tend to
top post on this list, I'll start you at the beginning of the thread.
Just Control-N (if you are using Safari) to read down the thread, and
you can skip down quickly through the first 3 or 4 posts to where
Jacob makes a comment about when it might help to turn on group mode
navigation.  The discussion really picks up from there and starts to
go fast and furious.  For anyone who is using a Windows browser, try
Alt-N for the access key combination to read the next post in the
thread at the Mail Archive site.  For Safari users Control-n lets you
read the next post in the thread and Control-p gives you the previous
post.  You can also mark any page for snapback with Command-Option-K
and snap back to that page with Command-Option-P.

Here's the starting point of the discussion on Group versus DOM mode
from April 2008:

http://www.mail-archive.com/discuss%40macvisionaries.com/msg32754.html
(Subject: any news)

Enjoy the exchange.

Cheers,

Esther

P.S. In cases where it makes a difference, I'll tell people whether
I'm using DOM or group mode to navigate.