Hi Jenny,
I've just recently moved over to T Mobile and think they are the best
phone provider I've eve been with.
I don't know if the iPhone will be released by them however I've found
thier disability service excellent!!!! Also the whole of the T Mobile
team seem very helpful and if I was you I'd stay with them. They are
great at producing and sending out bills on time too and i find their
text service about your balance and allowence super!!!
Anyway, hope this helps.
Vicki.
On 9 Jul 2009, at 07:42, Jenny Kennedy wrote:

> [...]
> provider. If they do come out with the iPod touch and it can do
> everything, save for the phone functions, maybe that would be the best
> rout. But then There is the whole thing about text msgs and
> everything. So much to ponder... I am not sure I want to have service
> via ATT and wonder what if any other cell providers would have iPhone.
> Do any of you think T-mobile would ever get the iPhone or are they not
> popular enough? And  the iPod touch is it like the iPhone without the
> whole "phone" bit of things. Perplexing... Very big choices to be made
> Any help most welcome
> Best regards
> Jenny
>
> On 7/9/09, Alex Jurgensen <asquare...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> By using the Volume control while VO is pseaking your volume for VO
>> can get quite loud. I had the same experance and was glad I
>> remembered
>> this trick.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Alex,
>>

>> On 8-Jul-09, at 9:37 PM, Kevin Reeves wrote:
>>

>>>                     I just got back from the Green Hills Apple Store in
>>> Nashville Tn.
>>> My intention was to go and look at the iPhone, and probably walk out
>>> with one if I liked what I saw. However, due to the lengthy
>>> process of
>>> making a purchase, the apple store stopped selling iPhones about an
>>> hour and a half before they closed. I showed up 5 minutes after this
>>> cutoff time, but was encouraged to look at the display model as long
>>> as I liked until close. Upon enquiring about having a sales person
>>> turn on Voiceover, they called on another rep who had more
>>> experience
>>> with Vo. Turns out, he  has some form of visual impairment, which
>>> causes him to have to use the zoom feature. He knew right where vo
>>> was, and turned it on for me. Now, the journey begins.
>>>
>>> My immediate observation was that of many other people. Vo is too
>>> quiet, even with the volume cranked. In a store with a great deal of
>>> background noise, I found vo somewhat hard to hear. Should have
>>> followed my gut instinct and brought a headset along with me.
>>>
>>> My first 10 minutes with the phone was met with some uncertainty. I
>>> was successfully able to explore the phone and open several apps.
>>> However, I found the sensitivity of the touch screen a bit strange.
>>> While dragging my finger along the icons, some would open at random.
>>> At first, I found myself quite lost inside of the apps I was
>>> opening.
>>> However, I soon found a consistent pattern to how these apps are
>>> laid
>>> out. Once I realized this, I was better able to navigate around
>>> several apps. I was soon successfully able to dial my own phone
>>> number, making my cell phone ring in my pocket. Then, using my cell
>>> phone, I was able to call the display model, answering and ending
>>> call. In the iPod app, I was able to choose a playlist and start it
>>> playing. I was able to then pause, advance to next track, etc. I
>>> even
>>> found myself able to locate the transport button I wanted without
>>> thinking. I guess that's where muscle memory really starts to come
>>> into play. I was not, however, able to bend my head around how to
>>> drag
>>> a slider, such as the  icon that allows you to advance through a
>>> song.
>>> I think there was a tutor message, which would have given me those
>>> instructions, but I accidentally interrupted it, and was unable to
>>> get
>>> it to tell me again.
>>> My cursory glance of mail yielded few results. I saw the messages,
>>> was
>>> able to open one and sort of read it. However, I was not fully
>>> able to
>>> bend my head around it's layout. I couldn't find the compose button,
>>> and I didn't understand the relationships between the message and
>>> the
>>> mailboxes. I would assume that the mailbox list would be on the
>>> left,
>>> and the messages on the right. I thought that's how it would look,
>>> but
>>> I'm not sure.
>>> Safari was a bit interesting as well. I didn't spend but a few
>>> minutes
>>> looking at it, and was a tad confused because I saw part of a web
>>> page, along with bookmarks. I wanted to try and enter in a website
>>> not only look at something familiar, and have an excuse to type. I
>>> was
>>> not able to find the button to enter a website, however, I did find
>>> the Google button and began entering in info into the search box. I
>>> tried to type some search terms, but kept making tons of errors.
>>> However, I could understand the concept of typing, and could easily
>>> see that more time taken to practicing would yield much better
>>> results.
>>>

>>> Final thoughts.
>>> In short, I get it. Voiceover is implemented in such a way that
>>> there
>>> are few concepts to understand. Once these concepts are understood
>>> and
>>> applied to all apps, your only learning curve is figuring out where
>>> things are on the screen in any given app, and just the general
>>> operation of the phone itself, which is mostly built on logic. I
>>> feel
>>> like a week of working with the phone  would get me pretty much up
>>> speed. It wouldn't be that much of a learning curve to stunt my