Hi Howard,
I'm sorry your not having a great experience with the latest update to iTunes.
Can you send me a message offline with the steps you used to get this crasher.
It would be very helpful to also get an iTunes crash log from you.  Once you
contact me offline, I can fill you in about how to grab the log, unless you
already know how to do this.

It would also be helpful to know the build of SL you have installed, and a copy
of your VO prefs file.