That is strange as cmd-f5 is always meant to turn VO on or off, or using the
Fn-cmd-f5 on macbooks not using function keys with VO. Maybe having a look in
system prefs in the universal access but this is a new one to me. Might be an
idea to reset the pram, to do this shut the computer off, hit the power button
and get ready to press the following key combination as soon as you hear the
start up chimes, command-option-p-r and hold these keys down until you hear the
chime again. If this doesn't work maybe it's a reinstall job, but I'm sure
other listers may have some ideas.
The link to Apple's page on how to reset pram is
http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1379
HTH