Hi gang,

Do any of you have mobileme accounts?  Have any of you had to renew your mobile
me account and update your credit card details after your current card expires?

I have just received an email from Mobileme informing me that my subscription
is due for renewal and that I need to update my card details or my account and
its contents will be deleted.  So I thought ok let's wrestle with the pretty
much inaccessible mobileme website.  Anyway with a bit of playing around I
managed to get to the appropriate page to amend my payment details and just as
I arrived at the end of the form I was hit with a screen capture.  Yes Apple
has one!  And no, there was no audio alternative.  As there was no one sighted
nearby I thought hmmm I will just have to call Apple.

I rang Apple and had an argument with their automated voice recognition system
and eventually got put through to a real person, who then had to put me through
to another real person, who then had to put me through to a different real
person.  The final real person could not really help me but offered to log onto
the mobile me website and clicked on the mobileme chat technical support link.
So I am passing details down the phone and this guy is then typing them into a
chat window and the 3 of us are going back and forth.  Eventually technical
support guy on the other side of the chat window came back and said he was
unable to accept any payment details over the chat window.

So as you can see it was a waste of time and mobileme do not appear to have a
telephone either.  So apart from getting a real person in the flesh with eyes
that work to help you update the inaccessible website, I can't see how a blind
user is going to complete this process themselves.

Great service Apple, and I hope Lion makes mobileme more accessible or I will
take my business elsewhere.

Chris
*in a huff and not amused :(