Actually I agree with you there. I never did understand that negative image
theme.  Who the hell wants to see photos and icons  inverted?  When I first
bought my iPhone I wanted white text on a black background as it is easier to
see in daylight (well it was lol) and I was horrified that Apple offered this
as a solution.  I also think there should be some high contrast themes on the
Mac.  This is where ZoomText, Magic and Lunar do a good job.

So you totally get my sympathy there.  I presume you have emailed
accessibil...@apple.com about this?
Chris