Correct, it is up to Microsoft. This is a difference between WIndows Screen
readers and VoiceOver. Apple has pushed the responsibility onto the developer
and as I understand it this is not an impossible or burdensome process.
I have obtained a number to someone at Microsoft and I'm going to explore the
issue and see what comes of it. I'll let you all know assuming anything comes
of it.

Scott