If that was the case, then why have Microsoft gone to all the trouble to bring
Outlook back to the Mac?  Why have they gone to the trouble to make Office 2011
100% compatible with the Windows version?  Clearly they are interested in the
product and there is a market there.  Apple don't need any help in creating a
Office product, they have never been interested in high end Office as many have
failed in this arena.  Look at Lotus SmartSuite, AmiPro and Lotus were
excellent products.  Novell had the totally wonderful WordPerfect and Quatro
Pro.  They were all better products, but are more or less dead now, Corel does
not even push Word Perfect these days.

At the end of the day big businesses and government departments want Microsoft
Office either running on the Mac or Windows platform.  So why can't we fully
join the party?

If Microsoft turned around tomorrow and released Office for the Mac with
excellent accessibility support, would you not be interested or pleased?