From: macvisionaries@googlegroups.com [mailto:macvisionaries@googlegroups.com]
On Behalf Of Ricardo Walker
Sent: Monday, December 19, 2011 10:36 PM
To: macvisionaries@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: Question about making itunes playlists

Hi,

What you ask is not possible.  For a song to be in a playlist, it need to be in
the main music playlist.  But, there is a way
you can have all the christmas music skipped if your just letting the music in
your music playlist play.  After you've moved
your christmas songs to a playlist, just uncheck them.  This is as close as you
can get to what your trying to achieve in
iTunes.  Well, now that I think about it a little more, I don't see why you
couldn't make a brand new music library and just
put your christmas music in it.  Actually, thats probably the best way to go
here.

hth

Ricardo Walker
rwalker...@gmail.com
Twitter & Skype: rwalker296
www.mobileaccess.org

On Dec 19, 2011, at 10:21 PM, Missy Hoppe wrote:

> Hello, all. I don't even know if what I'm wantting to do is possible,
> but I figured I'd ask on here to find out. I know how to buy music on
> Itunes, but so far, that's about all I've learned. What I'd ideally
> like to do is find a way to make a playlist containing all of my
> Christmas music, but have it be completely separate from the main
> music list. That way, if I'm navigating my list of songs during the rest of
> the year, I don't keep encountering my 200 or
so Christmas songs. Is there even a way to do what I want, or even if I make a
playlist for the Christmas stuff, will it be
permanently in the master music list. Is there a way I can cheat and accomplish
what I want using cut and paste in finder?
> Any assistance you could provide would be extremely appreciated, even
> if there's no way to do precicely what I want, any tips on building a
> playlist would be extremely appreciated. Thank you all very much for your
> time, and I hope that this message makes at least
a little sense.