Hi Missy,

I have the same problem.  Here's what I do.  It's a bit of work, but you only
have to do it twice a year. :)

After Christmas, I just delete all my christmas music from my itunes library.
when you do that, you'll be given a choice whether to send it to the trash or
keep it in your iTunes media folder.  Choose the latter.  Note that you can
delete by folder, i.e. artist or album--so you don't have to delete every
single song one at a time.  then, the following Christmas, just enter
Command-O--thanks for that one, Ricardo-- and then you can just import the
folders you want back into your itunes library.  Like I said, it's a little
time consuming, but since I only have to do it once before and once after
Christmas, I don't mind so much.
HTH,
Donna