Hi Missy and others,
There is an easy way to manage your christmas music in iTunes without creating
a separate music library.

I recently imported all of my christmas music at once so I could manage the
files as a huge block in the Recently Added playlist that comes with iTunes.
From there, you can do one of two things:

1.      Create a new playlist and call it "Christmas Music." Select your files
and choose Add to Playlist from the contextual menu. (VO-Shift-M.) Choose the
christmas Music playlist you just created.

This method works if you can quickly grab a bunch of songs at once and throw
them into the playlist. There is another way that is a little more efficient
and requires a few more steps. You can do this with a smart playlist.

Find the songs you want to add to your smart playlist. Choose Get Info
(command-I) on the song or songs.

You are going to navigate to the "Grouping" field. There, type in a descriptive
term like "Christmas". If you need to hunt for your Christmas music among all
of your music, set a VO hot spot so you can quickly get back to the Grouping
field.

Repeat this with all of your Christmas music.

When you've finished your 200 tracks, create a new smart playlist from the File
menu, or use command-option-N.

You'll be presented with a dialog box that will let you set rules for the
playlist. Set it up like this:

Match the following rule: Grouping contains "Christmas".
Uncheck the "Limit to X items" checkbox.
Uncheck the "Match only checked items" checkbox.
Check the "Live Updating" checkbox.

Hit OK. You'll be asked to name your new smart playlist. Name it and hit enter.

Voila! You'll have a smart playlist containing all of your  Christmas music.
Once you're in this playlist, you can check and uncheck these items in bulk by
selecting all and choosing check or uncheck al in the context menu.

I've done this for my christmas music and it's a really good way of sorting the
good stuff into a playlist. It also lets you customize other smart playlists by
genre or other terms you stick in the grouping field. i.e. Christmas
instrumentals, christmas jazz, Christmas cocktail party and so on. the benefit
of using the grouping field is that you are able to customize the genre
specifically to the music without using a catch all term like christmas.

Email me off list if you  get stuck.

Kevin