I have been suggesting this for the last 10 years or so and it seems that no
one wants to talk about it. there are also the excuses that it is someone elses
problem, they are too broke, etc. I have suggested having a number of people
invest in a firm, assign a voting proxy and force the issue at the
stockholder's meetings. so far, all I get is a room full of crickets. 10 years
harping the same message and no one seems to bother.

an accessibility tax would also work (think of it like the RIAA tax on audio
tapes all those years ago). unfortunately, you mention taxes to the general
public, even when said tax is in their own best interest and you will have such
an outcry that the matter will get dropped like a red hot potato. that is the
state of affairs that we are under these days.

perhaps we need to form a core group and lead by example.

-eric