Hi Paul and Shawn.
Technically, there is already a tax credit for accessibility. I haven't looked
it up in some time since I retired in 2005, but this credit is extensive for
architectual barrier removal. I haven't researched it lately as I said, but it
could be amended, with all that entails, to encompass computer accessibility.
For some companies, especially for those who only pay attention to the bottom
line, it have to be a big credit, and it would be even better, I think for us
if the law could be amended in such a way that disabilities like ours, which
require more accessilility work, would get a company more credit. I think make
sure of that, you find some companies doing a little tinkering around with
small changes and calling it accessibility to get the credit. Also, if we ran
Congress, we'd want to make it retroactive say, for the last three years. Hey,
we'd want to be fair to Apple after all who got on the stick before just about
everybody else. Tax laws and credits have been made retroactive before. Oh,
yes, and e'd want our credit to apply to corporations as well as to 1040
filers. That way, small developers could apply for it.

Regards,
Gigi

i think this might work better than a tax imposed on each individual,
considering the number of devices and companies involved in administering much
tax. However, an accessibility credit is already on the books and the
administration for it is basically already in place.

Regards,
Gigi

Eugenia Firth
gigifi...@sbcglobal.net