I know that on DirecTV, the channels all behave different when it comes to the locals when you hit the button for the second audio. At around 8 central on the Saturday of the Packer game, the only one that worked was Fox's Spanish alternative. CBS went mute when hitting the button, ABC did nothing, and I forget if NBC went mute or nothing. Does the mute mean that the locals have the ability and don't have anything hooked to it, or are the Saturday repeats not described and the feature will work other times?

----- Original Message ----- From: "Karen Lewellen" <klewel...@shellworld.net>
To: <macvisionaries@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Sunday, January 20, 2013 8:56 PM
Subject: Re: Blindy.tv - Please spread the word about it

I am tap dancing on the topic cliff edge am I not? smiles.
Time Warner cable now must make it work for you.
When I had  them long before the law would back me, and I still lived in
NYC, I got it done, then had them turn it off again.
 Now the magic word is FCC or more correctly  phrase new FCC regulation.
If the mods thought this topic was to be allowed, then they may excuse my
posting a list.
Given that modern family is audio described, Is in fact I believe most of
the ABC Thursday night lineup for example, I would be stunned if "big
bang theory" is not.  CBS has done the CSI programs for years.

Fox has done things like the Simpson's and family guy, for years too.   I am
going to get a list of current first run programming by network and put it
here.
As for things like star trek and the like this is going to depend on where
you are enjoying them.
say on the scifi channel, or  as a rerun on a local station.
Now if the programs were audio described in the first place, In theory at
least,  it should not matter.  for example
Turner Movie Classics runs audio described editions of films that
originally came out  when  wgbh did this, think Liz Taylor in Butterfield
8 for example.
It would also depend on if scifi is large enough to do it,  again not that
this should matter, at some point they will have  to anyway, so why not
start now?
I know where to get the list, but it might not make it until tomorrow.
Karen